What can we help you with?
What are Personas?
Personas are separate profiles you can create within one Loomino account to find different kinds of connections.
Each Persona has its own matchmaking preferences, profile texts, photos, and inbox. Only Personas of the same type can see and interact with each other.
What types of Personas are there?
There are 3 types of Personas:
Can I have more than one Persona?
You can have up to three Personas at any given time, one of each type. If you delete a Persona, you can later create a new one of the same kind.
Creating and switching between Personas
The top bar indicates which of your personas is currently active. To switch between Personas or create new ones, go to Feed.
What are the benefits of Personas?
- Personas allow total separation between people whose dating goals are different - a common source of friction on other apps.
- Different kinds of human connection require different approaches to matchmaking. We have created a unique quiz and matching algorithm for each type of Persona.
- You can set different matching criteria for different Personas. For example, you can find relationship partners of one gender while still meeting friends of all genders. Or you can match with a great casual partner, even if you're incompatible for a long-term relationship.
- Separate profiles allow you to present yourself differently to different partners. For example, your friends don't have to know about your sexual preferences, and your casual partner doesn't have to read about your political opinions.
Remember: If you only want to create one type of Persona, that's perfectly fine.
Quiz and Matchmaking
How do you decide which partners to show me?
Loomino is all about finding you the right partner. Other than basic preferenced like age and gender, we also look at your relationship goals, your quiz answers and interests.
Matchmaking on Loomino is always bidirectional. Your potential partners must be compatible with your prefernces, and you must be compatible with theirs.
How does each question affect matchmaking?
Most questions in our quiz allow you to select which acceptable answers. All answers are acceptable by default. Clicking an answer makes it 'unacceptable' and filters out people who chose that answer.
. Your own answer cannot be made 'unacceptable'.
Another type of question requires at least one common answer between you and your partner. For example, if both of you are open to monogamy, you are deemed compatible, even if one of you is also open to polyamory.
If I create another Persona, will I need to re-answer every question?
When you create a second or third Persona, we copy your quiz answers from your previous Personas by default. However, you can change each answer (as well as the acceptable answers) without affecting your previous Personas.
Rules and Moderation
- You must appear in all of your photos.
- Don’t use group photos where your friends can be recognised. It violates their privacy, and may cause confusion about who owns the profile.
- Nudes are not allowed.
- Impersonating another person is a criminal offence. If our team suspects the authenticity of your photo, we might ask you for further verification.
Profile and texts
- Any information shared on your profile must be truthful, including your name, age, relationship status, height, location etc. If our team suspects the authenticity of your profile, we might ask for further verification.
- Do not reveal your full name, contact information or social media handles in your profile. (You may, of course, share these details in a chat.) This rule is meant to protect your privacy and safety, and to ensure that everyone plays in the same field.
- Hate speech of any kind (racial, religious, gender-based etc.) is forbidden.
- In order to read other people's profiles you need to write a certain amount of text in your own profile. Please take the time to write something genuine. You are not allowed to use gibberish to buff up the text.
- Respectful interaction is one of our core values at Loomino. We expect users to initiate conversations respectfully, respond respectfully, and end conversations politely.
- Sexually-explicit messages are only allowed if your chat partner has specifically expressed a desire to receive such messages.
Personal use only
Loomino is for private persons looking to connect. Commercial or academic use, as well as self-promotion, are strictly prohibited. Examples of forbidden use: promoting a blog or social media page, promoting the sales of a product or service, solicitation, market research, academic research etc.
Reporting another user
If you encounter a user who violates any of the above rules, please report them to us. This will allow us to prevent the offender from causing more harm to other people. You can find the report button in user profiles next to their photo, and in chat windows.
We take reports very seriously: every case is reviewed by a human moderator, who decides on a proper action.
Depending on the severity of offence and history of past violations, we may:
- Remove an offending picture or content
- Warn the offender not to repeat the behaviour
- Temporarily suspend an account
- Permanently delete an account and ban the user from re-registering to Loomino
Under no circumstances will we reimburse users whose accounts were suspended or deleted due to rule violation.
Freeze or Delete
Freezing / unfreezing a Persona
Need a break from Loomino? You can freeze your Persona to hide it from other people. Go to Feed, choose the appropriate Persona and click the Freeze button. You can later unfreeze the Persona by clicking it.
Deleting your account
To delete your Loomino account and all of your Personas, go to Settings, scroll to the bottom and click 'Delete account'.
* Deleting is permanent. We recommend freezing your Personas instead (see above).